• The same links is now used to register for Brewers and for Judges & Stewards.
• Online only.
• Entries must be registered AND dropped off/received by 10/23/2014.
• Be sure to print a paper entry form for the bottle labels!
• $7 per entry
• Payment made at registration.*
*Paypal is prefered, however checks are acceptable.
Make checks payable to "Stoney Creek Homebrewers."
• Submit two 10-16 ounce bottles per entry.
• Only 1 entry per subcategory will be accepted.
For Example: An entry in Oatmeal stout (13C) and and entry in RIS (13F) is OK, but two entries in Oatmeal Stout is not allowed.
• A bottle ID form must be attached to each bottle with a rubber band, and a completed entry form and payment must received prior to 10/23/2014.
• Bottles may be brown, clear or green glass, and must be free of any labels, raised glass designs, etched logos, or other identifying marks. Swing tops are acceptable.
• Entries which do not meet these requirements may be disqualified.
• After online registration is complete, deliver your entries to the locations listed below.
Drop off entries will be accepted from 10/10/2014 through 10/23/2014 at the drop off locations listed:
• Artisan Homebrew – Downingtown, PA
• Brew Your Own Beer - Havertown, PA
• Home Sweet Homebrew – Philadelphia, PA
• Keystone Homebrew Supply – Montgomeryville, PA
• Keystone Homebrew Supply – Bethlehem, PA
• Round Guys Brewing Co. – Lansdale, PA
Mail In entries will be accepted from 10/10/2014 through 10/23/2014.
SCH*ABC Attn: Erik Walp.
400 Madison Avenue
Hatboro, PA 19040
Late Entries will only be accepted at the discretion of the competition organizer.
• Medals (gold, silver, and bronze) will be given to the top three entries in each judging category, unless the judges determine that fewer will be given. BOS will be recognized.
• SCH-ABC is open to all home brewers, and we will be accepting entries from all BJCP-recognized beer, cider, and mead categories.
• All beers or meads must be non-commercial in nature and produced at home (no “Brew on Premises” entries).
• The entry fee is $7 per entry.
• Categories and subcategories may be combined for judging purposes, however beers or meads will be judged according to the category/subcategory in which they are entered. The style guidelines for each category and subcategory are available at the BJCP website.
• It is the responsibility of the brewer to decide and indicate on the entry form the appropriate category and sub-category for their entry.
• Depending on the number of entries and category distribution, categories and subcategories may be combined or separated for judging and awards purposes. These judging table breakdowns will not be available prior to the competition and will be determined by the competition committee once all entries have been processed.
• Any disputes that arise before, during or after the competition will be settled by the competition committee.
• Brewer feedback is the primary purpose of SCH-ABC. Your score sheets will be returned to you shortly after the contest. Please do not send an SASE with your entry.
• All other comments and questions can be directed to the Competition Organizer, Erik Walp, at firstname.lastname@example.org
JUDGES & STEWARDS:
• Interested in Judging or Stewarding please register. Send questions to Bryon Martinez at email@example.com.
• Judges and Stewards who plan on attending may bring their entries with them provided the registration is received by the deadline.
• All Judges and Stewards should plan to arrive by 8:45AM. Results will be announced as soon as Best of Show results are in (approx. 5:00PM).
• Expect postings to our website within two hours, score sheets should be readily available for pick-up evening of the event. All scoresheets not picked up shall be mailed next day. Please provide at least 10 days for prizes to arrive.
SCH ABC provides the following services to participants..
• Act as a feedback vehicle for homebrewers of all skill levels.
• Provide a venue for competition as part of a series of fall competitions in the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
• Provide an opportunity for local judges to earn additional points towards advanced recognition.
• Provide a vehicle for expanding the public interest in and recognition of homebrewing, the AHA, the BJCP, and SCH.
• Generate support for a local charity. $1 from every entrant will be donated to the Pottstown Public Library, as will any additional sponsorship funds!
SCH*ABC looks to develop a strategic partnership with organizations looking to provide donations in either the form of in-kind category prizes (t-shirts, gift certificates, brewing equipment, books, etc), or direct donations to the Pottstown Public Library. SCH recommends the following direct donation levels: Pint (up to $100), Keg ($250), or Barrel ($500+). Each donation, cash or in-kind, remains 100% tax deductible, as the Friends of the Pottstown Public Library is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit entity. Entry estimates for ABC 2013 exceed 300.
For sponsorship information, please contact Josh Weikert at firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: November 8th, 2014
• Open to anyone, beginners welcome and encouraged.
• All BJCP Beer, Mead and Cider categories (1-28)
SPECIAL NOTE: ABC Represents the last event for the Eastern Pennsylvania Homebrewer of the Year (EPHY).