Break out your dirndls and Bavarian hats, your steins and your boots – it’s time for OKTOBERFEST!
Join your fellow club members and significant others on October 13th from 2:00-whenever (7:00, at least) for live German music, dancing, traditional Oktoberfest food and, naturally, home brewed German beer. Games and shot-skis are rumored to be in the works as well. You do NOT want to miss this. Please RSVP to email@example.com ASAP, or post your RSVP on the Event page at our Facebook group.
Attendance is FREE for any and all members who bring at least one case (or ounce equivalent) of beer or a large-ish food contribution, and only $20 if you don’t have the time or inclination to donate a consumable.
If you’re interested in bringing food, please select an item from the following list and e-mail Josh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with what you’re planning to bring, so that we don’t have too many repeats. I’ll update as folks sign up:
- Spaetzle (MIKE & TIFFANI TODD)
- Jaegerschnitzel (JOSH & BARBARA WEIKERT)
- Brotzeit (cured meats, cheeses, breads)
- Schlachtplatte (bratwurst, sausages, pork) (CATHERINE WILSON & KYLE DOLINSKY – COULD USE ONE MORE!)
- Pickle Tray
- Pretzels and Brown Mustard
- German Potato Salad
- Desserts (preferably in some kind of cookie/bar/handheld form) (KERIN BRASSEAU)